Roots Backyard is keeping it Local!
We will be working in four local board areas to develop locally inspired and owned solutions towards zero waste. Community ideas will be developed into a creative programme or event to provide a platform for local young people to showcase innovative ideas around being resourceful with waste.
. . . . using creativity to reach the hearts and minds of people . . . . . to drive locally inspired and owned solutions.
The purpose of this project is to grow creative ways of working that mobilise young people to inspire their friends, family/whanau and wider community to tack action towards zero waste in ways that foster:
• Responsibility to be part of the waste solutions
• Respect for self, family, community and the planet
• Resourcefulness of waste as a resource and entrepreneurship
Creative Community Engagement includes:
• Generating awareness through making that instigates above
• Harnessing energy of young people to communicate, demonstrate and lead above • Showcasing products and means of production that value waste as resources
• Creating a context for creativity around waste minimisation to flourish